Sunday, July 13, 2014

Lets Keep Things Simple

I've been reading quite a few different marketing articles today, and all I have to say is "wow".

The Internet marketing craze is in full swing and I'm starting to think were getting a little too technical. You hear all about the different methods of marketing which is good. However once people start to rely on Technology for results they go from being a Marketer to being a Spam Bot.

This morning I read one article that was so simple a beginner would completely understand it. Yet I find the things in that article more helpful than all the articles going into anal detail about data and collecting this, or automating that. How many times did you yourself see an article bringing up something like this? And I notice that when I read these articles it's always the same, non helpful technical talk.

Look folks, I'll tell you right now I've done marketing for a few years, I started by having an online shop then after some success I decided to open others. I've found that so many things you don't hear about like message forums, Facebook stores, auction sites, etc. A lot of this is way more simple and ten times more effective then just repeating yourself in different ways.

Business is not a complicated thing. You know your business is doing well when 2 things occur, 1.) sales and 2.) customers being referred to you. It's that simple. It's not about getting thousands of spammed hits a day, yet I see people arguing that traffic = growth. Unless your content is better than millions of others, you need to give the customer more reasons to come back to you rather then good content.

I urge people all the time, take a few dollars less and always offer a customer a deal when starting. While doing this take care of this customer like you would a family member. That's how you're going to get your "growth" and sales to rise.

I remember long ago paying a company close to $1000 over 3 months. After 3 months of no sales, they'd argue that at least I was getting "hits". Yes, hits that cost me $300 a month and not a penny made off of it. It's funny because this same thing is done by other marketer's time and time again and it's something very much against.

The funny thing is, after firing the company I remember opening a Facebook page on my own and giving this big scary marketing thing a go. In my first month from simple paid advertising I had hundreds of dollars in sales. Not big time at all, but growth had finally begun and for much less than what you usually need to spend. You would be amazed at what $100 can do when correctly used on social media.

So remember folks, don't let things get too out there when it comes to doing business. Keep it simple, and treat your customers right. As long as they want what you have, they'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment